Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The urge to forget bitter childhood has given Tashnuva the power to transform

Childhood is sweet memories filled with energy and vigor deposited to the past that people cherish for the rest of their lives. But for some, that childhood memory is a nightmare. They never want to go back to their bitter childhood memories. Tashnuva Anan Shishir, a transgender woman, is one such person, whose name in childhood was Kamal Hossain Shishir.

Tashnuva Anan Shishir has recently joined a private television channel as a news presenter. Since then, discussion about her has been going on in the mainstream and social media. Tashnuva is also thrilled to be the first transgender news presenter in the history of Bangladesh. She never wants to go back to the horrible memory of her miserable childhood and that ardor has provided her the strength to change her life.

Tashnuva said, “My childhood was full of insults and bullying. I have been the victim of trolling in every step of my life; people cursed me all the time. It all started when I was five or six years old.”

People get good friends, and I get insults. Through my childhood and teenage years insults like “hijra”, “chokka”, “half ladies” had been my constant companion. Sometimes even I used to forget my own name.”

Tashnuva said that the turning point in her life started at that time. Because of her surroundings and circumstance, she left her family and developed herself gradually.

She had to do various types of jobs to bear her education expenses. She also had to endure various adversities in those jobs. At present, she is studying in the Master of Public Health (MPH) program. But alongside studies, she has taken part in various cultural activities. She has been an active member of BotTala, a well-known theater troupe. If everything goes well, she will be seen appearing in two films- ‘Koshai’ and ‘Goal’. She acted as a detective officer in Anonno Mamun’s ‘Koshai’ while in Syed Shahriar’s film ‘Goal’, she will be seen playing the role of a football coach.

“When I joined the full-time job finishing my studies, I thought there would be no discrimination. But then I saw a totally different scene. Even after giving my best, I was not properly evaluated.”

She also said how she came to the news presentation.

“Like others, I gave an interview here. Then I faced viva, I faced every technical part. Though I did not do any separate course for news, I could not even think of getting a chance to read the news here until it was confirmed.”

Tashnuva Anan Shishir thinks that her journey as a news presenter in the media will play a vital role in changing society’s attitude towards people like them.

Tashnuva was seen presenting news for the first time on the screen of Boishakhi television on Monday, International Women's Day.

Another transgender woman, Nusrat Jahan Mou, was seen acting in the leading female character of a serial drama titled ‘Chapabaj’ (চাপাবাজ). This episode was also aired for the first time on Boishakhi television on Women's Day. 



Source:

bdnews24.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sydney Carton is a sacrificing hero

Who is Sydney Carton? Sydney Carton is one of the most important characters in the novel, A Tale of Two Cities, written by Charles Dickens. ...