Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Narration: Imperative Sentence Part Three (3)

The main purpose of Narration is to teach the students the rules of changing speech from direct to indirect. It is a very complicated task, and to do so, many students make mistakes. That is why, in this article, I have provided solutions of some critical problems. I hope that it will be helpful for all the students and job seekers. 

1.   Father said to his son, “Do not waste your time.”
Answer: Father forbade his son to waste his time.
2.   The beggar said to the man, “Let me have a meal.”
Answer: The beggar said to the man that he might have a meal.
3.   Father said to the son, “Don’t quarrel with anybody.”
Answer: Father forbade the son to quarrel with anybody.
4.   He said to his friends, “Please wait for me till I return.”
Answer: He requested his friends to wait for him till he returned.
5.   “Let us wait here till the rain stops”, she said.
Answer: She proposed that we should wait there till the rain stopped.
6.   My brother said to me, “Go to school or you will be punished.”
Answer: My brother ordered me to go to school or I would be punished.
7.   Faisal said to Mahfuz, “Let us learn our lessons.”
Answer: Faisal proposed to Mahfuz that they should learn their lessons.
8.   He said, “Good morning, Mr. Kamal.”
Answer: He wished Mr. Kamal good morning.
9.   The prisoner said to the judge, “Let me see my mother.”
Answer: The prisoner requested the judge that he might see his mother.
10.                They said to us, “Let us decide the matter ourselves.”
Answer: They proposed to us that we should decide the matter ourselves.
11.                Antony said “Friends, lend me your cars.”
Answer: Addressing them as friends, Antony requested them to lend him their cars.
12.                Manika said to Nasima, “Leave the house at once.”
Answer: Manika ordered Nasima to leave the house at once.
13.                “Run away, children”, said their mother.
Answer: Addressing the children, their mother told them to run away.
14.                The officer said to the worker, “Leave the room at once.”
Answer: The officer ordered the worker to leave the room at once.
15.                Babli said to Rimi, “Let us go out for a walk.”
Answer: Babli proposed to Rimi that they should go out for a walk.
16.                “Come in my friend,” said I.
Answer: Addressing him as my friend, I told him to go in.
17.                The teacher said to the students, “Be attentive and listen to my lecture.”
Answer: The teacher ordered the students to be attentive and listen to his lecture.
18.                The boy said, “Good night, mother.”
Answer: The boy bade his mother good night.
19.                The teacher said to Mina, “Read this book.”
Answer: The teacher ordered Mina to read that book.
20.                The manager said to the strikers, “Resume your work.”
Answer: The manager ordered the strikers to resume their work.
21.                The teacher said, “Anis, write an essay on punctuality.”
Answer: The teacher ordered Anis to write an essay on punctuality.
22.                The old man said, “Let me have some milk.”
Answer: The old man said that he might have some milk.
23.                The chairman said, “Let us settle the dispute.”
Answer: The chairman proposed that we should settle the dispute.
24.                The teacher said to the student, “Always speak the truth.”
Answer: The teacher advised the student to speak the truth always.
25.                The students said to the Principal, “Please grant me leave of absence, sir.”
Answer: The students requested the Principal respectfully to grant him leave of absence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avarice is the main theme of Volpone

The main theme of “Volpone,” one of the best plays by Ben Jonson, is avarice. The central character of this play is Volpone, who was a noble...